Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Self-centered

I wonder, sometimes, if I am capable of real love. I am so selfish most of the time, so self-centered. And most of the time, I don't even realise it. I tend to think that I am the center of the world I live in, that everyone's thought's center around ME. I walk up the stairs at work in front of me and wonder if the person behind me thinks my butt is cute. I go to talk to my family and find all I talk about it my problems, my day, and it never occurs to me to think of asking, how are your problems, how was your day? Humanity makes us egocentric, and addiction even more so.
So I wonder again ... am I capable of that selfless love? That un-selfconsciousness that allows one to care about another human being? If I am I certainly haven't been practicing it. But maybe even the awareness of that is a way to start...

No comments:

Post a Comment